Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 1 of the new adventure

Had I been in this position (unemployed, with no job-ministry position on the near horizon) 5 years ago, I think i would have had a nervous breakdown.  But here today, on the first day of this new adventure in life, I find myself in a state of anticipation.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring. 


I feel more equipped to handle this new, but scary, adventure than every before.  There is nothing like being faced with trial after trial and dark day after dark day that will teach you more about trusting in Jesus.  Not just trusting Him when the road is smooth and faith comes easy, but trusting Him even when you can't see the road ahead.


Over the past 4 years, I have seen more dark days than I could have ever prepared for, but I have learned that through the storm, we become who we were meant to be. 


Lisa Bevere says, "Who you are in hard times is who you really are." 


Until I went through rough times, I didn't even know who I really was.  It wasn't until I saw the Aubrielle who is going through the storm, that I really discovered who I am. As I head into another season of uncertainty I prepare myself again to make even more discoveries about who I am, what drives me and my flaws that push me to Jesus.  This time as I step into a new season of transition, I have come to this realization, this isn't the end.  In fact, it's just the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment